When Charlie wins a golden ticket to the weird and wonderful Wonka Chocolate Factory, it's the chance of a lifetime to feast on the sweets he's always dreamed of. But beyond the gates astonishment awaits, as down the sugary corridors and amongst the incredible edible delights, the five lucky winners discover not everything is as sweet as it seems.
Featuring ingenious stagecraft, the wonder of the original story that has captivated the world for almost 50 years is brought to life with music by Marc Shaiman, and lyrics by Scott Wittman and Marc Shaiman, a book by award-winning playwright and adaptor David Greig, set and costume designs by Mark Thompson and choreography by Peter Darling.
A chocolate garden, an army of squirrels and the curiously peculiar Oompa-Loompas must be believed to be seen in this gigantic new musical that is choc-full of fantastical treats to dazzle your senses.
Release date: 2013
Last Update:January, 13th 2016
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Lyrics
- Act 1
- Opening / Almost Nearly Perfect
- The Amazing Fantastical History Of Mr. Willy Wonka
- A Letter from Charlie Bucket
- News of Augustus / More of Him to Love
- News of Veruca / When Veruca Says
- News of Violet / The Double Bubble Duchess
- News of Mike / Its Teavee Time!
- If Your Mother Were Here
- Don't Ya Pinch Me, Charlie
- It Must Be Believed to Be Seen
- Act 2
- Strike That! Reverse It!
- The Chocolate Room / Simply Second Nature
- Augustus' Downfall / Auf Weidersehen Augustus Gloop
- Gum! / Juicy!
- Veruca's Nutcracker Sweet
- Pure Imagination
- A Little Me
- It Must Be Believed to Be Seen (Reprise)