J. Lapine wrote the libretto for this musical, and was its director. Words and the music were prepared by W. Finn. It is not really a separate show, but one of the three parts that talk about this family and their friends. There, the boy is soon to experience Bar Mitzvah, while his friend with AIDS dies. The premiere of the show was in 1990 in the form of off-Broadway exhibitions and lasted for 6 weeks, followed by its opening on Broadway in Lucille Lortel Theatre, where it lasted only for 176 hits.
Actors were: C. Zien, H. MacRae, F. Prince, L. Price, S. Bogardus & M. Rupert. Release of music was made by DRG Records, and in 1992 Broadway opened the second and third parts of the play, which greatly supplemented the picture of the story.
With Lucille Lortel Award, which was named after the theater (or backwards), where it was depicted, this musical was awarded in the following year after its start, and in the same 1991 year, musical won Outer Critics Circle Award & Drama Desk Award.
Release date: 1990
Last Update:February, 24th 2016
Falsettoland lyrics list
- Falsettoland / About Time Lyrics
- Year of the Child Lyrics
- Miracle of Judaism Lyrics
- The Baseball Game Lyrics
- A Day in Falsettoland Lyrics
- Round Tables, Square Tables Lyrics
- Everyone Hates His Parents Lyrics
- What More Can I Say? Lyrics
- Something Bad Is Happening / More Racquetball Lyrics
- Holding to the Ground Lyrics
- Days Like This Lyrics
- Canceling the Bar Mitzvah Lyrics
- Unlikely Lovers Lyrics
- Another Miracle of Judaism Lyrics
- Something Bad Is Happening (reprise) Lyrics
- You Got to Die Some Time Lyrics
- Jason's Bar Mitzvah Lyrics
- What Would I Do? Lyrics