Phantom of the Opera, The lyrics list
- Act 1
- Think of Me
- Angel of Music
- Little Lotte/The Mirror
- The Phantom of the Opera
- Music of the Night
- Magical Lasso
- I Remember/Stranger Than You Dreamt It
- Notes/Prima Donna
- Poor Fool, He Makes Me Laugh/Il Muto
- Why Have You Brought Me Here/Raoul I've Been There
- All I Ask of You
- All I Ask of You (Reprise)
- Act 2
- Masquerade / Why So Silent?
- Madame Giry's Tale/The Fairground
- Journey to the Cemetery
- Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again
- Wandering Child
- The Swordfight
- We Hall All Been Blind
- A Rehearsal for Don Juan Triumphant
- Point of No Return/Chandelier Crash
- Down Once More/Track Down This Murderer
- Learn to Be Lonely
Phantom of the Opera, The Description
Release date: 1986.
Type: Broadway musical.
The Phantom of the Opera is a musical with music by Andrew Lloyd Webber and lyrics by Charles Hart with additions from Richard Stilgoe. Lloyd Webber and Stilgoe also wrote the musical's book together. Based on the French novel Le Fantôme de l'Opéra by Gaston Leroux, its central plot revolves around a beautiful soprano, Christine Daaé, who becomes the obsession of a mysterious, disfigured musical genius.
The musical opened in London's West End in 1986, and on Broadway in 1988. It won the 1986 Olivier Award and the 1988 Tony Award for Best Musical, and Michael Crawford (in the title role) won the Olivier and Tony Awards for Best Actor in a Musical. It is the longest running show in Broadway history by a wide margin, and celebrated its 10,000th Broadway performance on 11 February 2012, the first production ever to do so. It is the second longest-running West End musical, and the third longest-running West End show overall