Ingenious Irving Berlin wrote this music and lyrics & the libretto was performed by Moss Hart. In the production of musical, a title have had several options, including Nickels & Dimes, but then it was called with neutral name, Face The Music, so not to say aloud of Great Depression.
Its pre-Broadway run was held in Philadelphia in 1932, and then at the beginning of the same year, a musical without any significant changes was moved to New Amsterdam Theatre. Having only 165 hits, it was closed in the summer of the same year. In contains a story of its own time and shall not be judged severely, that during the Great Depression it lasted for six months only – in fact, many modern histrionics run less than this figure, so it means that it was good.
After re-opening, the musical has held for 31 shows, in the 44th Street Theatre, which was demolished in 1945. Actors: M. Boland, The Albertina Rasch Dancers, M. Adams, T. Arace, C. Lawrence, K. Carrington, R. E. Keane.
Its subsequent production was in 1997, for 2 weeks in San Francisco & in 2002 in New York. In the Big Apple musical returned again in 2007 to do only a few shows with such actors: M. Patterson, J. Kaye, J. Denman, L. Wilkof, E. Korbich & W. Bobbie.
In 2015, its resurrection took place again in the summer, at 1 month, in Rose & Crown Theatre in the Great Britain, where the director was Brendan Matthew.
Release date: 1932
Last Update:February, 24th 2016
Face the Music lyrics list
- Overture Lyrics
- Lunching at the Automat Lyrics
- Let's Have Another Cup O' Coffee Lyrics
- Two Cheers Instead of Three Lyrics
- The Police of New York Lyrics
- Reisman's Doing a Show Lyrics
- Torch Song Lyrics
- You Must Be Born With It Lyrics
- Castles In Spain (On A Roof in Manhattan) Lyrics
- Crinoline Days Lyrics
- My Beautiful Rhinestone Girl Lyrics
- Soft Lights and Sweet Music Lyrics
- If You Believe Lyrics
- Well, of All the Rotten Shows Lyrics
- I Say Spinach (And the Hell With It) Lyrics
- How Can I Change My Luck? Lyrics
- A Toast to Prohibition Lyrics
- I Don't Wanna Be Married (I Just Wanna Be Friends) Lyrics
- Manhattan Madness Lyrics
- The Investigation Lyrics