Seven Brides For Seven Brothers lyrics list
- Act 1
- Bless Your Beautiful Hide
- Wonderful, Wonderful Day
- One Man
- Goin' Courtin'
- Social Dance
- Love Never Goes Away
- Sobbin' Women
- Act 2
- Townsfolk's Lament
- Woman Ought to Know Her Place
- We Gotta Make It Through the Winter
- We Gotta Make It Through the Winter (Reprise)
- Spring, Spring, Spring (Spring Dance)
- Woman Ought to Know Her Place (Reprise)
- Glad That You Were Born
- Love Never Goes Away (Reprise)
- Wedding Dance
- Finale: Wonderful Day (Reprise)
Seven Brides For Seven Brothers Description
Release date: 1985.
Type: Broadway musical.
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers takes place in the 1850s in the Oregon wilderness. The story revolves around Adam Pontipee, a rugged country man who goes to town looking for a bride to marry and to help him take care of his six brothers. He ends up bringing back a young bride, Millie. She then desires to civilize and marry off her six rowdy brothers-in-law to ensure the success of her own marriage. The brothers soon fall in love with a group of women who are already spoken for. Unfortunately Adam tells his brothers to do like the the Romans did with the Sabine Women and just take the girls Thus, the brothers end up kidnapping the six women from a neighboring town to be their brides. Luckily, in the end, the brides find themselves happy with the Pontipee brothers and everyone lives happily ever after.